sunnuntai 9. joulukuuta 2012

Christmas decorations - Bling and Finnish

I put up the Christmas decorations really early this year - usually I only have the calendar until 20th December. Now I wanted to enjoy the Christmas spirit a bit early, so here are my decorations in all their simplicity:


This cross is a traditional Finnish cross, mainly from the archipelago. It's a Tuomaanristi (Cross of Thomas). It's usually put up on Thomas's day on 21st December, but as I sad I'm a bit early this year. I don't think you can find this cross anywhere else than in Finland - if you are a tourist and want to buy something unique from Finland, buy this! Mine is from a small handicraft shop from Vaasa, but it's possible to find the cross in other places as well. My parents have an old one where the wood has become dark with time, but the cross is partially destroyed today. I was a lively child...

The Christmas trees are from Ikea, the Christmas disco ball from Indiska, I believe. They give a bling factor to my home.

Christmas cards from previous years. Sherlock / Benedict Cumberbatch in Christmas spirit. Perfection.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti