keskiviikko 7. marraskuuta 2012

Macarons in Finnish

Hello.

I haven't really updated this. Sorry about that. But I want to say a huge thank you for viewing this blog! Over 100 persons visited my blog during the summer. Thank you!

Nowadays I do not have Word, so my spelling/grammar may be worse than usually. Sorry about that too.

To the point :) I've made macarons three times now. The first time - too raw, they were quite slimy. The second time - the oven was too warm, the macarons cracked. Third time the charm - perfect! :D The quality of this picture ain't great, but you are able to spot one perfect little individual on the plate.

There's one big difference between the first and second compared to the third attempt - I used a different recipe. The first two recipes I took from José Maréchal's "Irresistible macaroons" (Simon and Schuster Illustrated Books, 2010). They make macarons a bit too complicated there. Perhaps it is meant for more experienced chefs?

I used the recipes in Angela Drake's "Macaron-leivokset" (I lack some details now, one of the persons who I offered my cookings to borrowed the book :) ). The instructions are easy to follow, only one attempt was enough for perfection. The basic-recipe for the macaron shells was a lot easier than the one in Maréchal's book. This book may be better for house chefs.

And here's one close shot, bad quality in this one too.
The espresso mug is made by Sami Rinne Design, I've posted about that company earlier. The plate is Finnish handicraft by Minna Lindén - I have also a matching coffee cup for it.

I got help for this perfection by Lékué. I used one mat and the decomax. The decomax was helpful for the shells, but for the filling it wasn't perfect - a lot of the filling stuck was left inside it despite very much squeezing. Next time I'm going to use a normal piping bag for the filling.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti